In August of this year, Google announced some astonishing new findings. After 1,000 interviews, dozens of different surveys and “hours of behavioral tracking,” their research revealed:
- Potential homebuyers spent an average of 55 minutes per day on real estate apps and sites.
- About 69 percent of the people think “shopping for real estate [on their phone and online] is fun.”
- About 64 percent kept checking out houses and home values AFTER they purchased a home.
- People start searching real estate sites an average of three years before they buy.
- One in five people on real estate apps and websites are currently in the market to buy a home.
We think maybe real estate apps need to come with a warning: “Caution: May be highly addictive!”